Tips on Hot Water Heater Repairs in Sydney
You might think that hot water heaters are easy to install, and after that, they should just be left alone to do their job. Without proper care and maintenance, an old water heater can actually be a house hazard. Below are 5 tips on hazards that may lead to a need for hot water heater repairs in Sydney.
- Proper temperature: This should be set around 50 degrees Celsius (50°C), depending on your model. Otherwise, the kids may complain about getting burned from the tap. Also, keeping temperatures a bit lower can also lower your monthly energy costs.
- Blow down valve: Usually found at the bottom of the heater, this makes sure that hard water salts don’t clog up the tank. Regular usage can prevent hot water heater repairs in Sydney.
- Safety relief valve: Too much pressure can cause the heater to explode. This valve, normally found at the heater’s top, should be set so that the extra pressure has a way of escape. Sometimes, both blow down valves and safety relief valves are found at the bottom of the heater, so make sure you have the instruction manual to know what you’re seeing. Check that salts haven’t clogged or corroded either valve so they’re rendered unusable.
- Storage: It’s tempting to cram extra household items in the space around the water heater, but this practice can cause a fire.
- Overheating: It’s possible to have a blowout while your family is away on holiday. Having a professional firm (like Graham and Sons) to check on your heater before it needs hot water heater repairs in Sydney can save the cost of coming home to flooding or fire damage.
If you’ve been having issues with your hot water heater, then consider calling Graham and Sons for a free quote or to schedule a routine service check-up. For ten years, we have sent our qualified and friendly plumbers to homes and businesses in the Greater Sydney area. Having a pro tend to your hot water heater repairs in Sydney can save you time and money down the road.